Terms & Conditions
At Chisholm Hunter the clarity of the information we provide to our customers is as important to us as the clarity of the diamonds and precious stones that we sell.
In order to ensure a first class service to our customers we adhere to stringent guidelines on both the content of our website and the products and services we provide. The following Terms and Conditions are based oncommitment to high standards of service and transparency to its customers, and as such, are our guarantee of this commitment.
If you are using this website or intend to purchase from us please take a moment to read the relevant terms and conditions below. We have endeavoured to make these as simple as possible but, if you do have any questions, please refer to our [email protected] with your enquiry.page where we have tried to answer the normal questions that our customers raise. If you still require further information or clarification on any point, please feel free to email us at
For details of the secure nature by which we handle all customer information and correspondence please see ourand our .
By continuing to use this website or by placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You may print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your future reference by clicking on the print icon in your web browser. These Terms and Conditions apply only to purchases made from this website and may differ from those for in-store purchases.
These Terms and Conditions are additional to, and do not affect, your statutory rights.
DEFINITION OF TERMS USED AND GOVERNING LAW
"We", "us" and "Chisholm Hunter" means Chisholm Hunter Ltd . "You" and "the customer" means any private individual, using this website or purchasing goods or services from it.
"Goods and services" means any item or service offered for sale by Chisholm Hunter Ltd on this website. A "confirmed order" and "the contract is agreed" means an order placed by a customer and accepted by Chisholm Hunter Ltd .
See Buying from the Chisholm Hunter website for further details on order placement and acceptance.
"Working Days" means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and Scottish statutory and public holidays. These Terms and Conditions and your use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish court.
USING THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS
We can only offer goods and services for sale to UK residents over 18 years of age.
To be eligible to purchase products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under Scottish law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
- Be over 18 years of age
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO Box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable. For your security the delivery address must match the address to which statements are sent for the credit card being used to pay for your order and we may cancel an order if you don't agree to accept delivery at the billing address.
- Although we do our utmost to ensure all information on this website is correct and is as up-to-date as possible when you place an order, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors beyond our reasonable control. Product dimensions given are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products and product images are not to scale. We cannot guarantee that the images and colours of our products will be represented correctly on different computer monitors or other devices through which this website may be accessed. We reserve the right to refuse orders if items have been mispriced or if the item is no longer available.
BUYING FROM THIS WEBSITE
By purchasing from this website you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
By filling in an electronic order form and submitting it to us you are making an offer to purchase from us. In doing so you confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is your own.
We will send an email confirming your order details.
Our acceptance of your offer to purchase will result in a binding agreement between us under these Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we are under no obligation to accept your order but we would normally only refuse orders under exceptional circumstances.
These circumstances include: non-approval of payment by your credit card/debit card company; the item no longer being in stock; the item having being misrepresented or mispriced on our website.
We will contact you immediately if there is any problem with your order or unforeseen delay.
PRICING AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASES
All prices quoted on this website are in Pounds Sterling and we can only accept payment in Pounds Sterling.
Prices are subject to increase without notice but we will never charge you more than the price stated in your order confirmation.
We accept the following major Debit and Credit Cards; VISA, VISA DEBIT, VISA ELECTRON, MASTERCARD, MASTERCARD DEBIT, MAESTRO and AMERICAN EXPRESS. We also welcome payments from PAYPAL, AMAZON PAY, KLARNA and V12 FINANCE.
Payment will be taken immediately upon completion of your order. All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of publishing the information to this site.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
DELIVERY OF GOODS
Delivery information is available on ourpage
RETURNING AN ITEM
Returning an item information is available on our Returns page
WEBSITE CONTENT & COPYRIGHT
All original images and content of this website remain copyright of Chisholm Hunter Ltd .
All trademarks and logos relating to brands are used with permission and remain under the copyright of their respective owners.
You may download and print any part of this website only for private use and for consideration of purchasing from this website. You may not make other use of the material on this site without our written permission.
Chisholm Hunter Ltd is not responsible for the content of any third party sites that may be accessed via external links from this site.
- Our pre-owned watches have been carefully selected to ensure our watches are in the best possible condition both internally and externally
- While we have a detailed selection process, we cannot guarantee all pre-owned watches will have complete documentation
- Please note, the watches state individually if they come with box, original papers etc. in their specifications tab on the website
- Original Packaging is used for our pre-owned watches where applicable, which may exhibit signs of original use
- Selected pre-owned watches are available on 0% interest free credit. All Pre-Owned Watches are available to buy on interest bearing credit agreements
- Pre-owned watches are exempt from any promotional codes/corporate discounts/offers
CHISHOLM HUNTER COMPETITION AND PRIZE DRAW TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions for Chisholm Hunter competitions/prize draws ("Competition Terms and Conditions").
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you enter one of our competitions or prize draws, we will assume that you have read these Competition Terms and Conditions and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Multiple entries are allowed per person – each comment counts as an entry, providing you’re following @chisholmhunter on Instagram and/or following @ChisholmHunterOfficial on Facebook and/or @ChisholmHunter on Twitter, and have liked and shared the post. Should you use a false name, false Facebook/Twitter/Instagram account or false e-mail you will be disqualified. The promotion is open to UK residents only aged 18 years of age or over.
- The promotion is NOT open to: Chisholm Hunter employees and their immediate families, their agents or anyone else in any way professionally connected with this promotion.
- We may provide alternative means of entry to specific competitions and details of how to enter these competitions shall be stated on the relevant competition advertisement.
- Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The start and closing dates are as specified in each competition advertisement.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by phone and/ or e-mail. Chisholm Hunters' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Chisholm Hunter, Marketing Department, 146 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8BL after the closing date.
- The winner will be selected at random by Chisholm Hunter Limited.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- Prizes and donations are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The prize is as set out in the competition advertisement. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions and prize draws are promoted by Chisholm Hunter Limited, company number SC107277, having its registered office at 3rd Floor, 146 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8BL.
- By submitting an entry to a Chisholm Hunter competition or prize draw the entrant hereby consents to Chisholm Hunter Limited using their personal information in accordance and compliance with these Competition Terms and Conditions and the Data Protection Act 2018. The information will be used for processing your entry, fulfilling Chisholm Hunter's obligations under these Competition Terms and Conditions, and providing you with information about similar products and services offered by Chisholm Hunter Limited (unless you opt out of such communications). You may ask Chisholm Hunter to cease sending such information to you at any time by emailing or writing to us as the address provided above. Chisholm Hunter Limited will not give your details out to any third parties without your prior consent.
- By entering the competition or prize draw the winner consents to use of their name and likeness (but not email or postal address) in such promotional activity and material as Chisholm Hunter may reasonably require, without additional compensation due to the winner. For example, the winner's name may be publicised as the winner of the competition on platforms such as Chisholm Hunter customer magazine, social media sites or email marketing.
- Chisholm Hunter reserves the right to amend these Competition Terms and Conditions at any time in circumstances out with our control. Chisholm Hunter may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition terms and conditions and/or specific competition rules on the relevant Chisholm Hunter competition webpage.
- Any additional information relating to the specific competition or prize draw shall be included on the competition advertisement.
- Chisholm Hunter will send prizes to the competition winner within 30 days of the competition end date, or as specified in each competition advertisement at the time of entry.
- In the event of any conflict between the competition advertisement and these Competition Terms and Conditions, the terms of the competition advertisement shall apply unless expressly stated otherwise.
- These Competition Terms and Conditions shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
OFFER & PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
*Offer is valid on select full-price jewellery items, engagement rings, wedding rings, gemstone rings and branded jewellery while supplies last. Without limitation, offers will not apply to sale merchandise, special orders, gift cards, back ordered items and jewellery cleaning products.
It cannot be combined with any other offer or discount code. Discount will appear at time of check out AFTER the code has been entered. The offer terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply.
SECOND-HAND BUY-IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms describe how we will purchase second-hand items from you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Individuals are welcome to approach us at Chisholm Hunter with an offer to sell second-hand items including jewellery or watches which they own.
Please note that any offer to sell a second-hand item must be supported by all relevant certification documents in order to confirm the authenticity of the item along with any documentation demonstrating proof of ownership and/or confirmation from you that you own the item and have the right to sell this to us.
Where such documentation is provided but does not meet our requirements for proof of ownership or authenticity, or later transpires to not meet our requirements, we reserve the right to decline any offer to sell or rescind any offer to purchase.
Where any item does not meet any of our valuation requirements we reserve the right to decline any offer to sell or rescind any offer to purchase at any time during the sale process.
Our buy-in procedure is as follows:
- An individual (you) offers to sell a second-hand item to Chisholm Hunter. (offer)
- We examine the condition and overall appearance of the second-hand item. Based on this initial examination we will either reject the offer or provide a conditional acceptance of that offer. At this stage, our acceptance is subject to a full examination and valuation by us and is conditional on the product meeting our expectations and requirements in terms of value, authenticity, and condition (including the legitimacy of any documentation you provide in this regard). (conditional acceptance).
At this stage we may provide you with an initial view on the price we would expect to pay for the item were all the foregoing matters confirmed. Please note that at this stage we do not have an agreed contract with you and this is not the final price at which we are agreeing to buy your item.
- We require up to 10 working days in which to have any item examined and valued. (valuation). Please note that at no point are you entitled to see any report or record of our examination and valuation which is carried out for our internal purposes only.
- After we have obtained a full valuation of the item we will advise you of the proposed purchase price we would be prepared to offer to purchase the item. At any point during the period of negotiation both you, as the seller, and we, as the purchaser, have the ability to withdraw from negotiations and reject any offer. (negotiation)
- A contract for the sale of the item is created when you, as the seller, accept the purchase price that we have offered under step 4 above. It is only after we have confirmed the final purchase price in writing to you and have satisfied ourselves as to the legitimacy of any documentation provided in relation to the item that a contract for the purchase of the item is concluded. (acceptance)
If either you, as the seller, or we, as the purchaser, withdraw from negotiations at any time prior to or during the negotiation period we will have no responsibility or liability to each other in relation to these negotiations or discussions.